Nowadays, 4 out of 5 users are experiencing slow internet connectivity issues with their Linksys WiFi range extenders, even after completing Linksys extender setup in a successful manner. Are you among them? If you are nodding in yes, then thanks to Google that it had redirected you to the right page. Here, we have jotted down some important troubleshooting hacks that will surely help to fix slow internet connection issue with Linksys extender. Read on!
Fixed: Slow Internet Connection Issue
Reboot Your Linksys Extender
Start troubleshooting internet-connectivity issues by rebooting your Linksys WiFi range extender. For instructions to reboot your Linksys extender, scroll down a little:
- First things first, disconnect all the devices that you have connected with your Linksys extender’s WiFi.
- Power off your Linksys extender and unplug it from its respective wall outlet.
- Wait for a short piece of time
- Plug your Linksys extender back in. This process will let your Linksys extender to breath for some time.
Your Linksys extender is successfully rebooted. What! You saw Linksys WiFi extender red light? Don’t worry! Consider rebooting your Linksys WiFi extender again and ensure it to plug in to a working wall outlet. And, once you are done, reconnect your Linksys WiFi extender and router.
Check the Ethernet Connection
Now, check the Ethernet cable connection your Linksys WiFi range extender and router. Is the cable worn out? Did you nod in yes? Well, the its high time that you need to get the damaged Ethernet cable replaced with a brand new one.
Place the Devices Closer
Bear in mind – if the distance between your Linksys WiFi range extender and router is too much, then also it may lead you to slow internet connection issue.
Thus, to troubleshoot the issue, unplug your router from its respective wall outlet and plug it into the one that is located near to your Linksys WiFi extender.
Don’t have a wall plug near to your Linksys extender to plug in your existing router? Well, in that case, we suggest – use an extension cord.
Get Rid of WiFi Interference
Have you placed your Linksys extender near to:
- Electronic devices
- Kitchen appliances
- Metal objects
- Bluetooth devices
- Baby monitors, or Alexa devices? Yes? Oh! Then you have one of the biggest reasons in hand behind getting internet connectivity issues with Linksys extender.
To fix the issue, just place your Linksys extender away from the interference-creating WiFi devices listed above.
Perform Linksys Extender Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your Linksys extender to the latest version can also help you troubleshoot slow internet connection issue for sure.
Thus, to update the firmware of your Linksys extender:
- a computer or laptop.
- Connect your Linksys extender and router.
- Get access to Linksys extender setup-xxx.
Note: Turn on Ensure to update the software of your device.
- Launch a web browser.
Note: Make sure to clear browsing history and use update version of the web browser only.
- Hover the mouse cursor to the browser’s address bar.
- Enter extender.linksys.com and press Enter.
Note: Extender,linksys.com will not work if you enter it in the search bar.
- You will be welcomed by the Linksys extender login page.
- Provide the default login details of your range extender (unless changed) into the provided fields.
- Click Log In to get redirected to Linksys extender firmware update page.
- Provide your extender’s model number (if prompted) and follow the on-screen instructions to update Linksys extender firmware.
Is the Linksys extender internet speed improved? No? Then Linksys WiFi extender reset is the only option you are left with.
Linksys WiFi Extender Reset
Here are the instructions to perform Linksys WiFi extender reset:
- First and foremost, disconnect your main router and all the devices that are connected to Linksys extender.
- Press the reset hole on the extender and hold it for some time.
- Now, you are free to release the Linksys extender reset hole.
That’s it! The Linksys extender resets successfully.
Now, perform Linksys extender setup process from the scratch. As soon as you are done performing linksys extender setup, you will see that slow internet connection issue with Linksys extender has gone away.
Thank you for reading the article!